Tuesday 1 November 2011

Final Magazine Cover

From creating my drafts and gaining feedback I was able to create a final design for my magazine cover. I also gained further feedback for my final design so that I can make further improvements if needed.


Feedback for final design









From gaining this feedback I am able to see that there is an area where I could improve in. This is the magazines logo/ title which has gained mainly negative feedback. I can now gain more detailed feedback for my final to see how and which areas to improve and also how I should improve my logo.

                                         Person 1

Do you think the magazine cover includes everything you would need to know?


  • Good use of copy on left and picture on right


Does it grab your attention?


  • You could have a page turn triangle/arrow at the bottom right, with a promotion like ‘See inside for Prizes’, encouraging someone to look inside.
What improvements could be made?

  • Indicate whats inside the magazine and where to find it. i.e. College fashion tips page 3, Wyke clubs page 5, Achievements page 7 (‘See page 10’ could be in white to stand out against black)
  • Main photograph still needs to link into a story inside magazine
  • Based on f shape- could have a catchy top right offer ie. ‘free…’ etc
What improvements could be made to the logo/ title of the magazine?



  • Increase the size of the ‘AGAZINE’ text versus the word ‘FREEDOM’. i.e 1/3 of the height
                                         Person 2


Do you think the magazine cover includes everything you would need to know?


  • Could add date of issue
  • How does the image relate to an article…
Does it grab your attention?
  • Bold colours/ text/ contemporaryImage grabs attention- why is she smiling? Want to find out by reading magazine article.
What improvements could be made?


  • Bullet points to highlight different sections of text underneath title
  • Competition/ free something to grab attention of students
  • Could have inset photographs of people that relate to the text

What improvements could be made to the logo/ title of the magazine?

  • 'FREEDOMagazine' not clear straight away. Could just say 'Freedom Magazine'

No comments:

Post a Comment