Tuesday 22 November 2011

Prices/ publishing of music magazine

Price and Publishing


From researching similar music magazines I have decided to sell my magazine at £2.50 and publish it monthly. This is cheaper than most monthly magazines but will still cover the cost of printing. I am also going to publish my magazine monthly as this is the most common way of publishing and I would be able to include more information in each magazine. As the target audience is quite young (teens to early twenties) this may mean that many of them are not employed or are still in education and therefore they will not have large amounts of money to buy expensive magazines weekly. So, I think that keeping my magazine price down will allow more of my target audience to buy it and create a more successful magazine overall. Another reason for my low price is that most other music magazines are more expensive and when people look at magazines they will usually go for the cheapest price they can get that still accommodates for their needs.

Price/Publishing of Magazines I have researched:
  • 'NME' = £2.20 (weekly)
  • 'Clash' = £3.80 (monthly)
  • 'Q' = £3.50 (monthly)

No comments:

Post a Comment