Tuesday 22 November 2011

Target Audience of Music Magazine

Target Audience

 
Age: 15-25


The age of my target audience for my music magazine will be 15-25. From researching and analysing other music magazines of similar style to how I would like to create mine, I have found that the most common target ages are from teen years to early twenties. For example, NME’s average audience age is 25.

Gender: male/female


I believe that my music magazine should target both male and female as indie music is enjoyed by both audiences. By not designing the magazine to suit one gender this should increase in the number sold.


Class: C2/D/E

When looking at social classes I believe that my target audience is mainly the D and E classes. This is as most young people are unemployed due to being in education or further education and only being semiskilled. I believe I am targeting inner directed groups of people as I think that the indie style is quite unique and people who follow its fashion stand out in their own way. However, some of my audience may be outer-directed as they long to be part of the indie style and may follow friends and buy the magazine due to ‘fitting in with the cro
wd’. 



No comments:

Post a Comment